Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Phoenix Fundraising Trip

The Phoenix fundraising trip went quite well. I got a chance to see my family and sell some shirts and raise some money for Center of Hope Haiti's education fund. I also got a chance to meet with James Lipscomb. James is on the board of directors for Center of Hope and I will be traveling to Hinche, Haiti alongside him this summer to help open up Center of Hopes orphanage. It was a pleasure meeting James and his wife Nacey, they are good people.


While I didn't sell as many shirts as I hoped to, I'm confident that those in Phoenix who did make a purchase will wear their shirts and hopefully strum up some more business. Free shipping on all I ♥ Haiti T-shirts and wristbands to Arizona!
My friends Mr. and Mrs. Pastula.

More important than the money raised from the shirts is the awareness and love it shows for Haiti and its people.

I was happy to see my family and get them some shirts. My family are my biggest supporters in the work I do in Haiti and I am thankful for all of the support they give me. I haven't been home to see my family in 18 months and its hard to explain to them that I will only be home for 10 days this summer but I will be in Haiti for a month. I spent seven days in Haiti in 2009 and zero with my family. A lot of my time and money goes into funding and running the T-shirt project, and paying for my airfare to and from Haiti. I have had to make some sacrifices to continue working in Haiti and spending time with my family is one of them. Much of my motivation to help Haiti I can attribute to my family and all the things they have done for me. My mother is my biggest inspiration. My mother made big sacrifices to raise me and my sister and she has truly shown me to give to others is priceless.

My mother, niece, and sister.

I would like to thank all my friends and family in Phoenix who purchased a shirt! I haven't been home in quite some time and its hard to come back and try to get family and friends to donate when I haven't even seen them in quite sometime. I am very thankful for their support and love. $114.00 raised for the orphans in Hinche, Haiti thank you Phoenix!!

My friends Jared and Vic

Yet still more shirts and wristbands available for purchase! Shirts (S,M,L,XL) $12.00, XXL $13.00 and wristbands $5.00! Free shipping to Arizona! Contact me at valteauj@yahoo.com or give me a call at (602) 400-3562 and I'll get you hooked up with a shirt or wristband! We are doing it for the kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment