Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's my Birthday!




I just returned back from my Spring Break trip to Haiti to visit agriculture projects in the southern part of the country. I had a blast and will post my day to day journal in the coming days.

Today is my 22nd birthday and the only wish I have is for more people to become involved and interested in Haiti! I encourage you who is reading this to check out the several organizations I have volunteered with in Haiti and think, how can I help. Listed are several links to projects I have been apart of in some small way, they are top class groups that do great things in Haiti!

1) Cap Haitien Childrens Home: The first trip I ever took to Haiti was to this orphanage and they have a very impressive operation going on there.

www.caphaitienchildrenshome.org

2) Center of Hope (Haiti) Inc. I spent this past summer volunteering for COHH. I had a blast and still follow all the progress they are making at their orphanage!

www.centerofhope-haiti.org

I'm also very good friends with the Americans over seeing the working being done there currently here is their blog: dustinandjenna.wordpress.com

3) Food for the Poor: I had the pleasure of meeting Daniel Rouzier last summer and learned about food for the poor. I personally have checked out the organization and highly recommend donating to it!

www.foodforthepoor.org

These three organizations I highly recommend checking out if you are interested in impacting and aiding Haiti!

Agriculture project posts are soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment