Friday, April 30, 2010

$1,200 donated to Earthquake relief!

I ♥ Haiti T-Shirt Project Team.


After several months of fundraising the I ♥ Haiti T-Shirt Project donated its final round of profits in the amount of $200. The total amount donated to Southwest Church of Christ's earthquake relief operation totals $1200. $1200 USD converts to over 48,000 Haitian Gourdes. This is a significant amount of money in Haiti and will be put to good use. After visiting with C.J. Vires (apart of Southwest's relief operation) he explained to me some of the good work Southwest is doing in Haiti. Southwest has assisted several schools in rebuilding after the January quake demolished their schools. I encourage all of those who have purchased a shirt or wristband to visit: www.swcocada.com/HaitiRelief_SARAH.html to fully see the impact of their donation and to see all the great work Southwest is doing in Haiti.



The project is something I'm very proud of, it has been my first experience in running a small non-profit project. I feel as though the project has been a great community project. Many friends have bought shirts, worn them and by wearing the shirt influenced others to make a purchase. I would like to thank everyone who has purchased a shirt and or wristband! While the money raised will have a big impact, the awareness and love shown by wear the shirt is more important than the money could ever be.



I would like to thank all those involved in running the project. My good friend Greg Gauntney designed the business models, handled the accounting, and did all the inventory on the project. I would like to thank C.J. Vires for working with me on the project and all the good work he does with Southwest's relief operation. C.J. has provided me with a good organization to donate to that will use 100% of donated money to heal, rebuild, and grow earthquake devastated Haiti.



Again I would like to thank all of those who have purchased an I ♥ Haiti T-Shirt or I love Haiti wristband. You truly have helped make an impact in the lives Haitians who have been vastly affected by the tragic earthquake.



I ♥ Haiti T-Shirts and wristbands are still available for purchase! All profits from the sale of shirts will now be donated to Haiti in the form of assistance with educating Haiti's children. Post describing the I ♥ Haiti T-Shirt Edikasyon Pou L'enfants (education for the children) Project will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment