Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bethesda Widows Home


Visiting the widows home was a great experience. Living a lengthy life in one of the poorest countries in the world I feel is a great accomplishment that not too many Haitians get to experience. It was great to meet and visit with the residents of Bethesda widows home. The residents were very excited to see new visitors and were a pleasure to be around. David, Sarah, John and I went to the widows home with Altagrace Toussaint.
Altagrce helps take care of the widows and also does work with the orphanage. She is a really nice lady and it was a great pleasure meeting her. I most enjoyed sitting with the older men and talking. They only spoke creole, and my creole isn't great, and I did'nt even understand most of what they said, but they were happy none the less. David visits with a blind disable woman at Bethesda Widows Home


$50.00 of the donated money I raised was donated to the widows home. It was good to see that despite living all of their lives in not so great conditions these people were still happy to be living life.

No comments:

Post a Comment