Monday, July 5, 2010

Haitian Holiday 2010


I am blogging from the Miami International Airport, it is about 2AM here and I'm set to fly into Port au Prince at 9:00AM. I will be volunteering for 30 days with Center of Hope Haiti in the opening of their orphanage. Many different projects are planned for the children and if all my checked luggage makes it to Port au Prince unhampered with we will be able to get them done. Haitian history lessons, street cleaning projects, art projects, motivational talks about education, live musical performances and many other events are planned. The first two weeks I will be teaming up with my friend Davidson Toussaint from Cap-Haitien, Haiti. Davidson is Haitian born humanitarian and musician. Together we will stress the importance of education to the youth of Haiti. Its going to be a long 30 days and I'm excited for the opportunity to help make a difference.

Again I have to thank everyone this summer who bought shirts, wristbands, took the time to write a letter, or made a donation. $1002.00 raised in just two months of summer fundraising! Special thank you to the Barrett family, they produce and deliver me all I ♥ Haiti T-shirts. Without all their help the T-shirt project would have never been so successful.
My buddy Trent, personally delivers me all I ♥ Haiti T-shirts.

I will be keep a day to day journal detailing my time spent in Haiti this summer. Depending on my Internet situation I will try and keep the blog updated while I am working in Haiti. If not I will catch everyone up when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment