Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 18 - 30


We'll to be honest I didn't keep a day by day journal for my last two weeks in Hinche. But I can recount from memory all my activities in a brief summary. The last two weeks I spent in Hinche was full of orphanage work and hanging out around Hinche. More work than hanging out of course. A typical day was like most days previously posted, waking up early, working on the orphanage all day, then heading back to the hotel for diner. Sunday is our usual off day and we go to church.



I did get more time to travel around Hinche and hang out with kids. Working with kids is my favorite thing to do in Haiti because they are such a pleasure to be around.


And of course they love taking pictures!



The highlights of my last two weeks in Hinche were:


Renting my horse! I rented a horse to travel around Morique, it's eco friendly but makes for a bumpy ride. I named my horse Prestige after my favorite Haitian brew.


Exchanging pictures with all my friends at the drink shop!


Hanging out will all my little friends in Morique!



Passing out barbies to all my friends at the drink shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment